Dr. Mathew Paul Ukken, M.Sc., Ph. D.(HOD)
- 0480 - 2826424 9495464016
Associate Professor & HOD
|Academic Record||Board/Dept./University||Year of Passing||Class||Distinction, Rank if any|
|SSLC||Board of Public Exams Kerala,
Department of Education,
|B.Sc. Degree||Chemistry, Calicut University||1984||1st||–|
|M.Sc. Post Graduation||Chemistry, Calicut University||1986||1st||–|
|Ph.D.||Inorganic Metal Complexes – Chemistry||2004||–||–|
Papers published in international journals
|Sl.No.||Title||Name of the Journal||ISSN/ISBN||Year||Page|
|1.||Pass and Swiss ADME collaborated in silico docking approach to the synthesis of certain pyrazoline spacer compounds for dihydrofolatereductase inhibition and antimalarial activity.||Bangladesh J Pharmacol||1991-0088||2018||13: 23-29|
|2.||A study on effect of indole as a substituent on a keto-enol tautomer: a synthetic approach on β-diketone||International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences||0975-1491||2017||Vol 9, Issue 8, 2017|
|3.||Metal complexes of heterocyclic unsaturated 1,3-diketones||International journal of pharmaceutical science and research (IJSPR)||4||2013||1154-1158|
|4.||Synthesis and characterization of two conjugate diketones and their metal complexes||Achieves of Applied science search||5,1||2013||247-250|
|5.||Synthesis and characterization of some heterocyclic curcuminoid analogue and their copper complexes as antitubercular and antimicrobial agnet||International Journal of recent scientific research||4, 2||2013||122-127|
|6.||Metal complexes of unsaturated poly carbonyl compounds derived from benzoyl acetone and aromatic aldehydes.||Journal of Iranian chemical research||3||2010||71-81|
|7.||Some unsaturated beta diketones and their metal chelates.||Trade science Inc. Inorganic chemistry Journal||4, 2||2009||78-82|
|8.||Synthesis and characterization of Co(II), Ni(II) and Cu(II) metal complexes of some 6-aryl-5-hexene- 2,4-diones||Asian journal of chemistry||14,2||2002||949-956|
|9.||Metal complexes of some conjugated 1,3- diketones.||Asian journal of chemistry||14,2||2002||943-948|
|10.||Metal chelates of 5-aryl-1-phenyl-4pentene-1,3diones.||Asian journal of chemistry||14,3||2002||1335-40|
Papers published in national journals / Proceedings
|Sl.No.||Title||Name of the proceedings||ISSN/ISBN||Year||Page|
|1||Synthesis and characterization of metal complexes of Al(II), Mn(II) and Co(II) complexes of 5-aryl-1-phenyl-4pentene-1,3 diones.||Research review||9||2015||33-38|
|2||Study of cyclic diketone metal ions complexes by various spectroscopic techniques||Research review||7||2013||32-35|
|3||Synthesis and characterization of Cu(II), Co(III) and Zn(II) metal complexes of 6-aryl-5-hexene-2-4-dione||Research review||7||2013||36-42|
|4||Cytotoxic and antifungal activities of diimedonecinnamaldehyde transition metal chelates||Proceedings of national seminar on emerging trends in chemical research||978-81-927942-4-4||2017||35|
|5||A study of scaffold hoping in a series of existing synthetic curcumin templates by in silico screening followed by synthesis, characterisation and cytotoxic screening||Proceedings of national seminar on emerging trends in chemical research||978-81-927942-4-4||2017||26|
|6||Synthesis &characterization of metal ion complex derived from dimedone derivative||Proceeding of national seminar on modern trends in chemistry|| 978-81-927942-4-3
|7||Synthesis and spectral studies of metal dimedone complex||Proceeding of national seminar on innovative engineering||23943785||2015||22-27|
|8||Antitumor activity of 6 hetero aryl-5-hexene-2-4-dione metal complexes against dalton’sascitic lymphoma in mice||Proceeding of national seminar on current trends in chemistry||978-81-927942-4-2
|9||Synthesis and studies of metal complexes derived from cyclic 1,3 diketones||Proceeding of national seminar on current trends in chemistry||978-81-927942-4-2||2014||73-79|
|10||Synthesis and characterization of Mn(II), Al(III) and Co(II)metal complexes of 6-aryl-5-hexene-2-4-dione||Proceeding of national seminar on current trends in chemistry||978-81-927942-4-2||2014||109-117|
|11||Synthesis and characterization of Cu(II), Co(II) and Zn(II)metal complexes of 6-aryl-5-hexene-2-4-dione||Proceeding of UGC sponsored national seminar on Green strategies in Organic Synthesis||GSOS2011||2011||94-100|
- An article on ‘Turmeric (Curcuma Longa)’ in the booklet of inter disciplinery scientific research and development organization Vol 1 2005.
- ‘RasathanthraPravarthikal’ accepted for publication by EKN Centre for Education, Research and Development.
Details of Seminars/ Conferences Attended – 12 seminars attended
|Emerging trends in chemical research organized by Christ college, Irinjalakuda||National||2017||UGC|
|Organic synthesis organized by St. Joseph’s college, Irinjalakuda||National||2017||UGC|
|Instrumental Methods of Analysis organized by Christ college, Irinjalakuda||Regional||2016||Management|
|Advances in supramolecular chemistry and nanoscience organized by St. Joseph’s college, Irinjalakuda||National||2016||Science academies|
|Scope of Spectroscopy in Modern Era of Chemistry organized by Christ college, Irinjalakuda||Regional||2015||KSCSTE|
|Current Trends in Chemistry organized by Christ college, Irinjalakuda||National||2014||UGC|
|successful autonomous colleges in India organized by S. H. college, Thevara||National||2014||KSHEC, Thiruvanathapuram|
|Conformational Analysis and Isomerism of Organic molecules organized by Christ college, Irinjalakuda||Regional||2013||Management|
|Strengthening of education and research in basic science in Kerala organized by Srinivasaramanuja institute of basic sciences||Regional||2013||KSCSTE|
|Supramolecular chemistry and Nano science organized by Christ college, Irinjalakuda||National||2012||Science academies|
|Modern trends in chemistry; organized by St. Joseph’s college, Irinjalakuda||National||2012||Science academies|
|Emerging technologies and higher education; New technologies and new pedagogies organized by Christ University, Bangalore||National||2012||CEDBEC, Christ University, Bangalore|
Seminars organized as the General Convener
|Emerging Trends in Chemical Research||National Seminar||UGC||2017|
|Instrumental Methods of Analysis||Regional Seminar||Management||2016|
|Scope of Spetroscopy in Modern era of Chemistry||National Seminar||KSCSTE||2015|
|Current Trends in Chemistry||National Seminar||UGC||2014|
|Sl No||Title||Name of Programme||Venue/Place||Date/Year|
- Member faculty of Science, Calicut University, 2013-2016 – 3 Years
- Members of Board of Studies (P.G. Board of Applied Chemistry), Calicut University 2013-14 – 2 Years
- Chairman, P.G. Board of Chemistry, Calicut University- Theory 2015-16 – 2 years
- Chairman, P.G. Board of Chemistry, , Calicut University- Practicals 2015-16- 2 years
- Member of Board of Studies (P.G. Board of Nano Science), Calicut University 2016 onwards.
- Board of studies member in Chemistry for St. Thomas College (Autonomous), Thrissur- 2016 onwards.
- Board of studies member in Chemistry for St. Joseph’s College (Autonomous),
a).Research Projects Undertaken:-
- UGC Minor Research Project as co-investigator – 2005
- UGC Minor Research Project as principal investigator -2008-10
- UGC Minor Research Project as Principal investigator 2012
- Consultant for Global Labs&Consultants, Aluva a division of Periyar, Bio-Tech Private limited from 2013 onwards.
- Honorary adviser and Consultant for Geschmack food ingrediant solutions private limited Irinjalakuda from 2014 onwards
- Honorary adviser and Consultant for Oriyon Natural Flavours Private Limited, Kangayam, Tirupur District, Tamin Nadu.2011 onwards
- Honorary adviser and Consultant for GSL Naturals Private Limited, Matale, Srilanka.2013 onwards
- Consultant for Practical at Christ Vidhyanikethan ICSE School, Irinjalakudafor10th and Plus Two students.
Research guide : Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, 2008 onwards
Research guide : Calicut University, 2011 onwards
Number of Ph.D. students produced: (1) Dr. K.L. Krishnakumar, Bharathiar University
Number of Ph.D. students ongoing : (4) Calicut University
- Number of Ph.D Dissertation Supervised -5
Submitted – 1
On going -4
- Number of Ph.D awarded under the teachers supervision – 1
Dr.K.L.Krishnakumar from Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore, 2014
Supervised and Guided 27 MSc Student Projects and 30 B.Sc student projects.
- Principal in Charge, Christ College, Irinjalakuda from 8-6-2017 to till now.
- Vice Principal and HOD Chemistry of Research & P.G. Dept. of Chemistry from June 2015 to 8-6-2017.
- Governing member, Christ College; 2014 onwards
- Academic Monitoring Committee convener U.G. 2012 onwards
- Convener for Christ College Disability Cell.
- Convener for Christ College CUCSS Open Course 2012 onwards.
- Secretary of Christ College Parent Teacher Association for the last 4 years.
- IQAC core committee member for 2015 made significant contribution towards the college gaining A grade with 3.21 score/ 4.00 in the thrid cycle NAAC Accreditation in June 2016.
- President Parent Teacher Association Amala Medical College Thrissur 2016 onwards.
- Research consultative Committee Member 2015 onwards
Former Secretary Old Students Association for 3 years and Executive Member for many years
- Paper Setter – B.Sc. Core and complementary papers, Kerala University since 2013 onwards
- Paper Setter – B.Sc. Core and complementary papers, S.H. College, Thevara (Autonomous) since 2015 onwards
- Paper setter for M.Sc. Chemistry of Devagiri College, Calicut 2014.
- Paper setter for B.Sc. Chemistry (Core) of Mar Ivanios College, Thiruvananathapuram,
- Board of studies member in Chemistry for St. Thomas College (Autonomous), Thrissur- 2016 onwards.
- Chairman standing committee of examination of Christ College, Irinjalakuda, 2017
- Additional Chief of Examinations of Calicut University in MES Asmabi College, Kodungallur in 2004.
- Chief Superintend of examinations, Calicut University at Christ college Irinjalakuda (2014-15)
- Organizational Activity
- President, Parent Teacher Association, Amala Medical College Thrissur 2016 onwards.
- Former Secretary, Old Students Association for 3 years and Executive Member for many years.
- Secretary, PTA, Christ College from 2013 onwards.
- President, Teachers Organization, Christ College Teachers Unit, 2015-17.
- Treasurer, Teachers Organization, Christ College Unit, 2013-15.
- Extension activities
- For the past four years as convenor of the Science Talent and Enhancement Programme (STEP) of EKN Educational and Research Extension Center, Irinjalakuda, a socially registered organization for the enhancement of Science in High School/Higher Secondary School in Thrissur District.
- Conducted 36 classes by various notable Resource Persons at various school/college centers.
- Handled various environment relatedprogrammesin nearby Panchayaths and Municipalities.
- Undertook water quality monitoring of VellangallurPanchayat ofThrissur District and correction measures suggested in the meeting of the people of various wards of the Panchayath
- Arranged General Talks on current issues programmes for the public
- As Convener of disability cell for assistance to differently abled students of the institution and other institutions, coordinated several programmes. Arranged computer software learning classes for the visually impaired students. Several such students benefitted attending classes especially arranged on Saturdays.
- Resource person for inaugurating the science exhibition at Christ Vidyanikethan CBSE School Irinjalakuda, 2014
- Resource Person for conducting classes for S.N. Higher Secondary School students at Christ College, Irinjalakuda.
- Presided over a seminar as a part of the anti-narcotics and drugs campaign jointly organized by the Kerala State Exercise Department and Kerala Kaumudi.
- Other activities of social commitment.
- Committee member of Parish Council (St. Sebastian Church, Edakulam, Diocese of Irinjalakuda) for the last 15 years and the Secretary of the Council for the last 6 years.
- Trustee of the Parish in 2002.
- Active involvement in all the developmentactivities of Edakulam, the native village. Organized fund – raising programmes for philanthropic activities such as providing financial assistance for deserving students, building homes for the homeless, arranging medical aid for financially backward patients, providing mentoring for higher studies of students of the village, directing students towards placement etc.