|Dr. Balu T. Kuzhivelil|
|Department of Zoology
|0480 2829113 , 9447528917
|Date of Birth||11/5/1961|
|Home address||Kuzhively, Don Bosco School Road, Irinjalakuda, Kerala 680 121, India|
|Research papers Published||
1. ArunaksharanNarayanankutty, Reshma K. Mukesh, Shabna K. Ayoob, Smitha K. Ramavarma, Indu M. Suseela, Jeksy J. Manalil1, Balu T. Kuzhivelil and Achuthan C. Raghavamenon. (2016), Virgin coconut oil maintains redox status and improves glycemic conditions in high fructose fed rats. J Food Sci Technol. 895-901 53 (1) 2016 Doi: 10.1007/s13197-015-2040-8. Springer Journal, IF (2014) 2.2013; NAAS Score 8.02. (print version); (electronic version).
3. Balu T. Kuzhivelil and U.V.K. Mohamed.Allantoin and allantoic acid titre in the faeces and tissues of the developing larva of the mothOrthagaexvinacea Hampson.Insect Biochemistry and Molecular Biology,28, 979-986, 1998. (Impact Factor: 3.450; 5-year Impact Factor: 3.650; NAAS Score: 9.23; SJR 1.382, SNIP 1.109) (ISSN: 0965-1748, Elsevier-then Pergamon).
4. Balu T. Kuzhivelil and U.V.K. Mohamed. The concentration of ammonia in the excreta of sixth instar larva of Lamida moncusalis Walker (Pyralidae: Lepidoptera) during development. Experientia, 43 (8) 879-880, 1987.(Journal ‘Experentia’ is renamed as ‘Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences’; Impact factor: 5.808; NAAS Score: 11.86). [ISSN 1420-682X (print) ISSN 1420-9071 (electronic)].http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF01951647
5. PriyaRajan and Balu T. Kuzhivelil Cadmium Induced Histopathological Changes in the Testis of the Fresh Water Fish, Rasboradandia. Journal of Global Biosciences 4 (7), 2808-2813, 2015. (e journal, ISSN:2320-1355; IIFS Impact Factor: 1.115; GIF IF 2014: 0.587, 2015: 0.676. Indexed in: Google scholar, GIF, Google scholar metrices, Cite factor, JIfacator.
6. Balu T. Kuzhivelil and U.V.K. Mohamed. Developmental changes of haemolymph and fat body proteins in the sixth instar larva of the moth Orthagaexvinacea Hampson. Journal of Experimental Zoology, India.6 (2), 301-306, 2003. (NAAS Score: 4.63) (ISSN: 0972 – 0030; abstracted/ indexed in: BIOSIS (Zoological Record, Biological Abstract etc.), C A B International, All Russian Academy of Sciences, Medicinal and Aromatic Plant Abstract, Seridoc, Paryavaran Abstract).
7. Balu T. Kuzhivelil and U.V.K. Mohamed. Urea levels in the developing tissues of the moth, Orthagaexvinacea Hampson. Journal of Animal Morphology and Physiology, 49 (1&2), 45-48, 2002. (ISSN: 0021-8804; abstracted/ indexed in: Biological abstracts, Life sciences collection Bibliography of Agriculture, ExcerptaMedica, Nuclear Science Abstracts, Chemical Abstracts).
8. Balu T. Kuzhivelil and U.V.K Mohamed.Utilization of food and nitrogen balance by the developing phytophagous larva of the moth,OrthagaexvinaceaHampson.Journal of Ecobiology, 12 (1), 57-61, 2000.(NAAS Score: 1.94 ) (ISSN: 0970-9037; abstracted/indexed in: Current Awareness in Biological Systems UK, Cambridge Scientific Abstracts USA, C.A.B. International Information UK, Indian Science Abstracts, Biosis London, Chemical Abstracts USA, Ecological Abstracts UK, N.I.S.C. South Africa, Russian Science and Technology Institute Moscow).
9. Balu T. Kuzhivelil and U.V.K. Mohamed. Uric acid levels in the developing fat body of the sixth instar larva of the moth, Orthagaexvinacea Hampson. Asian Journal of Zoology, 8, 1-4,1999.
10. Balu T. Kuzhivelil . Excretion of urea by the developing sixth instar larva of the Moth,OrthagaexvinaceaHampson (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae).Journal of Entomological Research,22 (3), 287- 288, 1998. (NAAS Score: 3.72 (ISSN print 0378-9519; ISSN online 0974-4576; abstracted/indexed in: Biological Abstracts, BIOSIS Previews, Google Scholar, Scopus, and Zoological Record).
11. Balu T. Kuzhivelil and U.V.K. Mohamed. Ammonia levels in the tissues of the moth, OrthagaexvinaceaHampson. Journal of Ecobiology, 11 (3), 189 -192, 1999. (NAAS Score: 1.94) (ISSN: 0970-9037; abstracted/indexed in: Current Awareness in Biological Systems UK, Cambridge Scientific Abstracts USA, C.A.B. International Information UK, Indian Science Abstracts, Biosis London, Chemical Abstracts USA, Ecological Abstracts UK, N.I.S.C. South Africa, Russian Science and Technology Institute Moscow).
12. Balu T. Kuzhivelil and U.V.K. Mohamed.Concentration of creatine and creatinine in the haemolymph of the sixth instarlarva of OrthagaexvinaceaHampsonduring development.Entomon, 22, (3&4), 255- 257, 1997. (ISSN: 0377-9335; abstracted/indexed in: Chemical Abstracts, Review of Applied Entomology, Science Citation Index and Current Contents/Agriculture, Biology and Environmental Sciences, Biological Abstracts, Entomology Abstracts, ReferativnyZhurnal and Current Advances in Biological Sciences and New Entmological Taxa).
13. Arunkumar K. M.,Lazar V. Kottickal and Balu T. Kuzhivelil* (2015) Metallothioneins of Fishes as a Biomarker of Heavy Metal Pollution. In: Perspectives in Animal Ecology and Reproduction, Vol. 10, (Eds. V.K.Gupta, A.K. Verma and G.D. Singh) Daya Publications, Delhi, pp. 205-236.
|Presentation and Participation in Seminars|| 1.Arunkumar K. M., Lazar K. V., Balu T. Kuzhivelil. Metallothionein as a Molecular Biomarker in Heavy Metal Pollution Monitoring .Presented in National conference organized by the Central University of Kerala, Kasargod “Environmental Conference, 2014”. Department of Environmental Science, Central University of Kerala, February 17-19, 2014.
2. PriyaRajan and Balu T. Kuzhivelil.Histopathological changes in the ovary of the freshwater fish, Rasboradandiainduced by mercury. National conference organized by the Central University of Kerala, Kasargod “Environmental Conference, 2014”. Department of Environmental Science, Central University of Kerala, February 17-19, 2014.
3. RekhaK.R.andBalu T. Kuzhivelil.South – East Asian market for Indian seafood.Presented in the National symposium on Ocean, Fish and Fisheries.March 24 – 25, 1999, Irinjalakuda.Proc.Natn. Proc. Natn. Sem.Ocea. Fish and Fisheries, 158-166,1999.
4. Balu T. Kuzhivelil and U.V.K Mohamed. Total nitrogen content in the excreta of Lamidamoncusalis Walker (Lepidoptera: pyralidae ). Presented in the National symposium on Insect Physiology, Ecology and Behaviour.February 18-20, 1986, University of Kerala, Trivandrum.
5. Arunkumar K.M., Lazar V. Kottickal., Balu T. Kuzhivelil. Genetic Structure of the Metallothionein Gene of Striped Panchax, Aplocheiluslineatus.National conference organized by the Central University of Kerala, Kasargod “Environmental Conference, 2014”. Department of Environmental Science, Central University of Kerala, February 17-19, 2014.
|Title of Thesis||Animal Physiology, Biochemsity and Biotechnology|
|Memberships||Member, Research Council University of Calicut;
Member, Board of studies - Physiology, University of Calicut,Member, Society for Fishery Technologists, India