Directions to Students
1. Library is a place of serious study and research. A quite atmosphere should therefore be maintained at all times. It is the Library staff’s responsibility to enforce the rule of silence and as such the Librarian is authorized to take necessary steps in this regard.
2. The Library will be kept open from 8.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
3. Students without the identity card may not enter the Library.
4. Explicit written permission from the Principal is necessary for outsiders to use the Library facility.
5. The time schedule for different sections in the Library is as follows:-
a) Reference section - 8.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
b) Periodicals / Journals - 8.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
c) Book lending sections(upstairs) 9.00 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. &
12.30 p.m. to 2.00 p.m.
d) Book receiving / returning sections 8.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. &
12.30 p.m. to 4.30 p.m.
6. Library Books will be issued on production of the identity card.
7. Library books are non-transferable. The borrower shall be held responsible for the books borrowed against his / her ID, hence it is necessary to keep the identity cards carefully.
8. Books borrowed from the library must be returned within a fortnight. The Librarian can recall the books issued without previous notice.
9. Due date is marked on the date label inside the book.
10. If the due date for return of book falls on a week end or short holidays, the book must be returned on the next working day.
11. If a book is not returned on the due date, the student will be charged 50 paise per day (holiday inclusive ) per book as fine.
12. Library catalogues are available for reference at the counter. Printed catalogues of department library will be issued to the students.
13. Internet Browsing and Searching facility for holding (OPAC) are available
14. Each issuing of a book is to be registered by the student in the respective registers available at each counter.
15. It is the duty of the borrowers to take maximum care of the library books issued to them. Please help us to keep the book fresh and clean.
Dog-earing the pages of a book, marking or writing therein with ink or pencil, tearing out of its pages, and spoiling of binding will cause injury to a book. Any such injury to a book is a serious offence. Unless the borrower points out the injury at the time of borrowing the book, he/she shall be required to replace the book or pay the price of the latest edition of the book, including postage. It is left to the discretion of the authorities to press for a heavier penalty.
16. For loss of book the following procedure will be followed :-
i) If new edition or copies of the lost books are available with the book suppliers,
the book has to be replaced by a new one.
ii) If the lost book is not available for replacement the value of the lost book will be
realised at the following rates :-
a) Thrice the face value of the books which are published prior to 1944.
b) Twice the face value of the books which are published after 1944.
c) If the book value cannot be ascertained from the library stock register
compensation will be fixed on the basis of the market price of similar publication
at the time of fixation.
17. Periodicals, Journals,Reference Books, rare and out-of-print books will not be issued to be taken outside the Library.
18. Final year students are required to return their library books to the library before proceeding to collect the ‘Hall Ticket’. They should obtain a ‘No due Certificate’ from the library.
19. A member of the teaching staff is allowed to borrow five books from the general library and ten books from the department library. Teachers are allowed to borrow text books prescribed for their subjects only. In any case the total number of books borrowed shall not exceed twelve at a time. Those who need relaxation from this regulation will kindly approach the Principal.
20. A member of the Non-teaching staff may borrow two books at a time from the library.
21. The members of the staff will sign the issue-register while borrowing the books. While returning the book, they will make sure that the library assistant has put his signature, in the issue register.
22. All books borrowed from the Library by members of the Teaching and Non-teaching staff must be returned by the third week of March, every year, for the annual physical stock verification of the library.
23. The books of Christ College Library are primarily meant for the staff and students of