“Sports do not build character. They reveal it.”
Any type of activity that contributes to physical fitness, mental well-being and social interaction can be categorized as sports. The physical component is particularly important to our students since being active can enhance memory, improve concentration and is conducive to creativity. The importance of creativity in leadership roles as well as physical fitness resonates in both the academic life and career prospects of every student.
Every semester, hundreds of enthusiastic students from different districts walk through Christ College’s campus doors eagerly facing challenges, utilizing opportunities and adapting themselves to our vibrant campus culture. The Department of Physical Education & Department of BPE hand in hand with the talented bunch of students has been performing outstandingly right from the outset.
Among the illustrious accolades won by the College exclusively in this arena, a few are as follows:
- Physical Education Foundation of India award for best college promoting Sports and Games in 2018.
- Kerala State Award for performance in sports among Affiliated Colleges in 2019.
- Award for overall performance in sports among Affiliated Colleges- Calicut University- in the years 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20.
Our students have brought in fame and splendor the domain of Sports Achievements with Cyril C Valloor, winning the prestigious Arjuna Award.
- Nibin Baiju, the Kerala State Award for Best Sports student in 2019.
- Anirudhan PS, the Kerala State Award for Best Sports student in 2020.
- P.U. Chithra with her Manorama Award & Vanitha Award.
In fact the faculty has secured much coveted laurels,
- Kerala State Award for Best Sports Teacher in College level Fr. Joy P T, Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Education in 2019.
- Member of International Society for Sport Psychology – Dr. Soni John Thanikkal -2021.
The following are the international players of Christ College nurtured by the competent teachers through both hands-on experiential learning and classroom theory with utmost concern and commitment:
1. PU Chithra - Athletics
2. Shivashankar EJ - Badminton
3. Rajana J - Athletics
4. Akash Binu - Power Lifting
5. Neenu Varghese - Power Lifting
6. Milu Immanuel - Power Lifting
7. Bhagyalakshmi S - Power Lifting
8. Sreeraj PS - Power Lifting
9. Mariam Shameer - Karate
10. Kalaivani K - Kho Kho