FEES AND EXPENSES
- Tution fee Rs. 1000/- Rs. 1800/-
- Laboratory fee-Main Rs. 250/- Rs. 1200/-
- Sub. Rs. 150/-
- Special fee Rs. 495/- Rs. 720/-
- Caution Money Rs. 360/- Rs. 600/-
- Fees due to the University Rs. 200/-+30/- Rs. 200/- +30/-
(Matriculation Fee and Recognition Fee), (For those students who have taken their qualifying exam from other universities)
- All students will make a voluntary contribution of Rs. 25/- towards the students special welfare service, Rs. 100/- towards the conduct of Terminal Examinations and Rs. 30/- for Stadium Fund.
- Refund of Caution Deposit may be applied for on completion of the course or on leaving the College with Transfer Certificate. The caution deposit will be refunded after adjusting dues, if any. Unclaimed caution deposit even after two months from the due date of the completion of the course will be forfeited.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded.
- Tuition fees will be collected from the students at the beginning of the academic year. Special fees and other miscellaneous dues have to be paid along with the Tuition fees.
- Fees become due on the reopening day of the college. After the 7th working day, a fine of Rs. 5/- will be levied for 10 days. After that an additional fine of Rs. 10/- will be levied for the rest of the month. After this date students will be considered as a defaulter and he / she will lose attendance. If the student is to be re-admitted, he/she has to apply for the special permission of the principal and also has to remit all the arrears of fees with fine along with a readmission fee of Rs. 50/-
- No part payment of fees will be accepted. Students should pay the exact amount due at the office, and receipts will be issued for all payments. Such receipts may be called for later for verification, if necessary.
- Students joining the college in between the course will have to pay the fees for the whole year.
- Absence with leave or without leave from the college is no excuse for not payment of fees at the proper time.
- If any petty amount, remains unclaimed by a student for more than one year, it will be added to the Students’ Aid Fund of the college.
- The fees in the following rates will be charged from the research scholars:
Laboratory / Library fee Rs. 2000/- per annum
Caution Money Rs. 2000/- (For Science Department)
Rs. 1000/- (For Non Science Departments)
Special Fee Rs. 180/- per annum (Old)
Special fees – Fulltime Rs. 1990/- (Science)
Rs. 790/- (Arts)
Special fees –Part-time Rs. 1000/- (Science)
Rs. 400/- (Arts)
Security Deposit Rs. 3000/-
The research scholars may apply for any of the following research scholarships. The Junior and Senior Scholarships of Calicut University, Junior Research fellowship of U.G.C. and C.S.I.R. research fellowships.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR SELF-FINANCING COURSES
Fee for Self Financing courses will be decided as per the Government and University instructions. Students joining for the course will have to pay the entire course if at all they drop the course in between. College won’t bear the financial liability of the drop outs.
There are a number of students at Christ College who have received some measure of financial aid during their career. It is the policy of the College authorities that no student admitted to this College should stop his/her studies on account of financial constraint. The student who genuinely requires financial aid will be provided the same for the continuation of his/her studies. The students, who find it difficult to continue their studies, should intimate the matter either to the class teacher or to the Principal so that they may take appropriate steps to arrange the financial aid. The students admitted in merit seats of the Self Financing courses may get fee concession, provided the college management is convinced that the student actually deserves fee concession. SC/ST students may pay only 50% of the total course fee if they do not get fee concession from the Government.
FEE CONSESSION AND STIPEND
Students belonging to scheduled castes and scheduled tribes are eligible for fee concession and stipend provided they apply for the same in time. Application forms are available from the office. Besides, mess charge of S.C., S.T. & OEC students will be met by the government. Students of other communities are eligible for fee concession provided their income falls below the income limit. Class Income Limits Degree 1,00000 Post-graduate: 1,00000 Fee concessions to students, whose parents are physically handicapped, are eligible for tuition fees and special fee concessions from Social Welfare Department.The income limit is Rs. 12,000/- per annum. The income certificate obtained from the village officers is a requisite to enjoy the above concession. It will have to be presented at the time of admission.